Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Before I Fall Asleep

Wow, I don't know when I took up wringing my hands, but that's what I've been doing for the past three minutes.

It is officially late. And not "late" as in, the late Dentarthurdent, but in the more literal sense, as in, "well, I'll be. It's very nearly morning, now."

I am all over the place, right now. And, I just learned, there is a London based "indie-rock" band whose music "oozes raw passion and conviction" and is named REDINGER. I think their definition of indie-rock is a tad different than mine, 'cause their guitar riffs and gritty vocals aren't so much on the same wavelength as, say, this definition.

Why don't I feel as old as I am? Why am I so young? I swear that I was thirty-five seven years ago.

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize for everything that has ever happened to you, and everything that ever will happen to you. I hope you learn to regret nothing sooner or later, and please, please give up the idea of social norms. Wear your bunny slippers to school. Chug Sunny-D in front of your principal. Embrace embarrassment, because you will learn more in those moments of honest emotion and realizations that there is no way to get out of this mess than you will from the most highly recommended lecturer. Experience. Knowing what it's like to break the rules and get away with it, and do everything right and have it come crashing down on you.

That's what it's all about.

(for now.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Miles #11 said...

I'm thinking I'm gonna need to BUY bunny slippers before I wear 'em to school.

Huh. I always thought of Indie as, like, Neil Cicierega. It's kinda catchall, I think.

And hey, don't apologize. What's happened to me is fun and I hope it keeps up. Also, I know what it's like to break the rules and get away with it: we experienced that on Tuesday before you came over. :P

There were a lot of sentences there that began with add-ons, or whatever they're called. What can ya do?

If you don't know Within You Without You, you should. It is EXACTLY what I believe, with sitars thrown in.

July 9, 2009 at 8:57 PM

 
Blogger Samantha said...

I'll find you bunny slippers someday.

And, yeah, I'd call Neil indie, too, but he rather fits into the sort of artsy, underground category. Er, maybe.

I just remember the dramatic readings of signs in the car.

"Brand spankin' new bankin'!"

:D

(I love Within You Without You. And sitars. And add ons.)

July 12, 2009 at 10:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home